The 40V max XGT® Brushless Cordless 4-1/2" / 5” Paddle Switch Angle Grinder Kit with Electric Brake and AWS® (GAG06M1) delivers corded grinding performance without the cord for the most demanding applications. It's powered by a Makita-built brushless motor which delivers variable 3,000-8,500 RPM for heavy-load applications and increased power and speed. The GAG06M1 offers up to 60% faster cutting speed when cutting #5 (5/8”) rebar. It is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
An electric current limiter helps protect the motor from overload in high-torque applications. Additional features include an electric brake that stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less and Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) that turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is forced to a stop.
A paddle switch with no lock-on is convenient, while quick guard rotation provides tool-less adjustments for increased productivity. Anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted while the switch is locked on. A soft start suppresses start-up reaction and provides smooth start-ups.
Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering the motor. The GAG06M1 is also equipped with Makita's Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), a series of protective seals inside the tool. XPT is designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components. Reinforced metal gear housing provides additional durability on the job site.
XGT is a system of equipment, tools, batteries and chargers utilizing 40v max lithium-ion batteries. XGT is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS®) uses Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on and power-off communication between the equipped tool and dust extractor. Once connected via AWS, the AWS-equipped dust extractor will automatically power on or off when the AWS-equipped cordless tool starts or stops, running only when the tool is in use. This increases productivity on a single charge and reduces continuous noise at the job or work site.
- OUTPOWER: Makita-built brushless motor along with 40V max XGT® battery combine to deliver powerful grinding and up to 60% faster cutting speed than predecessor models*
- OUTSMART: Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor (AWS® Transmitter sold separately)
- OUTLAST: Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload in high torque application
- Variable speed control dial allows for RPM adjustment (3,000-8,500) to match the speed to the application
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity
- Paddle switch with no lock-on for operator convenience
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Reinforced metal gear housing engineered for maximum job site durability
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact at only 16-3/4" long; ideal for tight spaces
- The digital communication within XGT® optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT® actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT® Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT® Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications
- The XGT® Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL4040) reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Compatible with Makita® 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *Makita XAG04 cutting #5 (5/8”) rebar
- System: 40V max XGT®
- Wheel Diameter: 5"
- No Load Speed: 8,500 RPM
- Spindle Type: 5/8" - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: Yes
- Lock-Off Switch: No
- Switch Type: Body grip/paddle
- Bind-Up Control: Yes
- Electric Brake: Yes
- Variable speed dial: Yes
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): Capable (transmitter sold separately)
- Overall Length: 16-3/4"
- Net Weight (with battery): 9.9 lbs.
- Power Type: Cordless
- (1) 40V max XGT® Brushless 4-1/2” / 5" Paddle Switch Angle Grinder, with Electric Brake, AWS® Capable (GAG06Z)
- (1) 40V max XGT® 4.0Ah Battery (BL4040)
- (1) 40V max XGT® Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RA)
- (1) 5" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
- (1) 5" Tool-Less Wheel Guard (140N43-5)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
- (1) Side Handle
- (1) Tool Bag