The 18V X2 LXT® Chain Saw (model XCU02Z) is powered by two 18V LXT® batteries (36V), so you get 36V power and run time for corded and gas-powered demands, without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. Batteries and charger are sold separately.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
The XCU02Z Chain Saw has a 12” guide bar and the Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 89dB(A)). The cordless XCU02Z has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pickup your XCU02Z, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use.
Additional features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Front hand guard actuates chain brake when engaged
- Cordless for reduced maintenance; no need to change engine oil or spark plug, clean air filter or drain fuel for storage
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM chain speed for fast cutting
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (batteries not included)
- Low noise level at only 89 dB(A) and zero emissions for operator comfort
- 12" Guide bar for increased capacity
- Weighs only 10.1 lbs with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Instant start-up: simply load two 18V LXT® batteries and the saw is ready to use
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- LED battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT® battery
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger not included)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger not included)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger not included)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Batteries and charger not included
- Guide Bar Length: 12"
- Chain Speed: 1,650 FPM
- Chain Pitch: 3/8"
- Chain Gauge: .043"
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 24-5/8"
- Net Weight (with battery): 10.1 lbs
- Power Type: Cordless
- (1) 12" Guide Bar (165245-8)
- (1) 12" Saw Chain (531-290-046)
- (1) Blade Cover