Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless Chain Saw Kit (model XCU03PT). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XCU03PT is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT® batteries for 36V power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer-rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chainsaw.
The XCU03PT has a 14” guide bar and the Makita-built motor with variable speed delivers 0-3,940 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 100dB(A)). It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to a 32cc gas chainsaw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Built-in LED on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged
- 14" Guide bar for increased capacity
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- Weighs only 11.5 lbs with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- LED battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT® battery
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated LED battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to
- 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Dual Port Charger charges two (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries in only 45 minutes
- Dual Port Charger features a built-in USB port for charging portable electronic devices
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
- Guide Bar Length: 14"
- Chain Speed: 3,940 FPM
- Chain Pitch: 3/8"
- Chain Gauge: .043"
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 30-1/2"
- Net Weight (with battery): 11.5 lbs
- Power Type: Cordless
- (1) 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 14" Chain Saw (XCU03Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- (1) 14" Guide Bar 3/8"-.043"
- (1) Chain
- (1) Guide Bar Cover