The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-1/2” Straight Finish Nailer, 16 gauge (model XNB02Z, tool only) is an ideal solution for trim work, baseboard and crown molding installation, flooring and other woodworking applications. The XNB02Z is compact and powerful, and drives standard 16 gauge straight finish nails from 1” to 2-1/2” in length with a magazine capacity of up to 110 nails. Using an 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery (sold separately), the XNB02Z will drive up to 1,000 finish nails on a single charge.
Additional features include an anti-dry fire mechanism that is engineered to help prevent driving blanks and damage to work surface. It has a 2-mode selector switch, trigger lock button, and “tool-less” depth adjustment for precise flush and countersink finish.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powerful motor design drives standard 16 gauge, straight finish nails from 1" to 2-1/2" in length
- Drives up to 1,000 finish nails using a 5.0Ah 18V LXT® Battery (battery not included)
- Cordless for increased convenience; eliminates the need for a compressor and air hose
- Compact center height enables viewing around the nose tip when fastening in tight spots
- Anti-dry fire mechanism engineered to help prevent driving blanks and damage to work surface
- "Tool-less" depth adjustment for precise flush and countersink finish
- 2-Mode selector switch for control over nailing operation
- Trigger lock button for operator convenience
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area
- "Tool-less" nose design is easy to clear for fast nail extraction
- Rear lock-and-load magazine holds up to 110 nails for maximum efficiency
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- Rubber bumpers protect the tool and surface from damage
- Reversible belt clip allows the tool to remain close
- Narrow nose design allows easy nailing access in confined areas
- Includes two removable no-mar tips with convenient on-tool storage
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 11-5/8" long
- Nail length markings and large windows on the magazine for easy checking of nail
- Weighs only 8.4 lbs with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Ideal for trim work, baseboard and crown molding installation, flooring and other woodworking applications
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Power Type: Cordless
- Fastening category: Finish
- Nail Size: 1" to 2-1/2" (16 gauge)
- Maximum Magazine Capacity: 110
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 11-5/8" x 4-1/4" x 12-1/2"
- Net Weight (with battery): 8.4 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 9.5 lbs
- (2) No-Mar Tip (424443-6)
- (1) Safety Glasses
- (1) Belt Clip