The Makita 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw Kit (XPS01PTJ) delivers precise and more accurate cutting when combined with an optional guide rail system (sold separately). The saw and rail system work together to produce accurate cuts with minimal tear-out. The saw combines a powerful Makita-built brushless motor powered by two 18V LXT® batteries with Automatic Speed Change™ Technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque during the cut for optimum performance.
The Saw has a variable speed control dial (2,500 – 6,300 RPM), with soft start and an electric brake for added convenience. It has a large 2-3/16” cutting capacity at 90 degrees, with a bevel capability of -1° to 48° and positive stops at 22.5° and 45°. When used with a rail system (sold separately) the Plunge Circular Saw is a more portable option to a table saw for select applications and is ideal for use on the job site or in a workshop.
The kit includes two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries, and each reaches a full charge in only 45 minutes on the efficient Rapid Optimum Charger – the fastest charge-time in the category – for less downtime and increased productivity. For added convenience, the batteries feature an integrated LED battery charge level indicator.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 6,300 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 125 cuts per charge in 4x8 sheets of 1/2" plywood per charge using two 5.0Ah batteries
- Ideal for cutting large wood panels, other wood materials including melamine and MDF, aluminum, and Corian® with optional, material specific blades (includes wood blade, other blades sold separately)
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Variable speed control dial (2,500 - 6,300 RPM) for optimum performance in a variety of materials
- Close to the wall cutting (11/16") for expanded cutting applications
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/16" at 90º; and 1-9/16" at 45º)
- Bevel capability (-1º to 48º) with positive stops at 22.5º and 45º
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smooth cutting
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Easy-to-set depth adjustment with large scale
- Smooth and convenient plunge release lever for operator comfort
- Dual front and rear bevel supports provide additional rigidity for precise and accurate bevel cuts
- Onboard hex wrench for fast and easy blade changes
- Locking lever holds the blade in position so that the wrench can be inserted through the hole in the blade case for easier blade installation
- Built-in depth stop allows a preliminary first cut of (5/64") 2mm to (7/64") 3mm to be performed prior to cutting through the entire material for clean and splinter-free cutting
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Large 1-7/16" rear dust port directs material away from the operator and easily connects to a vacuum system
- Includes a premium 55 tooth ultra thin kerf carbide tipped saw blade (B-57071) ideal for cordless circular saws offering up to 66% more cuts per charge compared to our standard corded plunge saw blade (B-07353)
- Optional guide rail system interacts with the saw base to provide smooth, perfect, dead-on straight or bevel cutting
- Slide lever on saw base designed to engage the optional guide rail (sold separately) when bevel cutting for stability
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Compact and ergonomic design at 13-5/8" long; weighs only 11.2 lbs with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Precise straight and 45º bevel cuts as the position of the blade enters the material on the same sight line when using a guide rail
- 3-Stage LED gauges to indicate battery charge levels
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger charges two batteries at the same time
- The Dual-Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the batteries built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage, and temperature
- For more efficient charging, the Dual-Port Rapid Optimum Charger has built-in fans to cool the batteries faster
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries deliver the power and performance of a corded plunge circular saw without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries (BL1850B) feature an integrated LED battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries (BL1850B) reach a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Blade Diameter: 6-1/2"
- Arbor (mm): 20 mm
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°): 2-3/16"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°): 1-9/16"
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 2,500 - 6,300 RPM
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 13-5/8"
- Net Weight (with battery): 11.2 lbs
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): No
- Power Type: Cordless
- (1) 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 6-1/2" Plunge Circular Saw (XPS01Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- (1) 6-1/2" 55T C.T. Cordless Plunge Saw Blade, Wood, MDF, Lam. (B-57071)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783203-8)
- (1) Interlocking Case, X-Large (197213-3)
- (1) Interlocking Case, Medium (197211-7)