The Makita 36V (18V X2) LXT Brushless 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw, with AWS® (XPS02ZU) delivers precise and more accurate cutting when combined with an optional guide rail system (sold separately). The saw and rail system work together to produce accurate cuts with minimal tear-out. The saw combines a powerful Makita-built brushless motor powered by two 18V LXT® batteries with Automatic Speed Change™ Technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque during the cut for optimum performance.
The XPS02ZU is equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS®), which uses Bluetooth™ technology for wireless power-on/off communication with the AWS-equipped dust extractor. AWS® is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and reduces noise.
The Saw has a variable speed control dial (2,500 – 6,300 RPM), with soft start and an electric brake for added convenience. It has a large 2-3/16” cutting capacity at 90 degrees, with a bevel capability of -1° to 48° and positive stops at 22.5° and 45°. When used with a rail system (sold separately) a Plunge Circular Saw is a more portable option to a table saw for select applications and is ideal for use on the job site or in a workshop.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, performance and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 6,300 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 125 cuts per charge in 4x8 sheets of 1/2" plywood per charge using two 5.0Ah batteries
- Ideal for cutting large wood panels, other wood materials including melamine and MDF, aluminum, and Corian® with optional, material specific blades (includes wood blade, other blades sold separately)
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- Variable speed control dial (2,500 - 6,300 RPM) for optimum performance in a variety of materials
- Built-in depth stop allows a preliminary first cut of (5/64") 2mm to (7/64") 3mm to be performed prior to cutting through the entire material for clean and splinter-free cutting
- Slide lever on saw base designed to engage the optional guide rail (sold separately) when bevel cutting for stability
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Close to the wall cutting (11/16") for expanded cutting applications
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/16" at 90º; and 1-9/16" at 45º)
- Bevel capability (-1º to 48º) with positive stops at 22.5º and 45º
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smooth cutting
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Easy-to-set depth adjustment with large scale
- Smooth and convenient plunge release lever for operator comfort
- Dual front and rear bevel supports provide additional rigidity for precise and accurate bevel cuts
- On-board hex wrench for fast and easy blade changes
- Locking lever holds the blade in position so that the wrench can be inserted through the hole in the blade case for easier blade installation
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Large 1-7/16" rear dust port directs material away from the operator and easily connects to a vacuum system
- Includes a premium 56 tooth ultra thin kerf carbide tipped saw blade (B-57342) ideal for cordless circular saws offering up to 140% more cuts per charge
- compared to our standard corded plunge saw blade (B-07353)
- Optional guide rail system interacts with the saw base to provide smooth, perfect, dead-on straight or bevel cutting
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Compact and ergonomic design at 13-5/8" long; weighs only 11.2 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Precise straight and 45º bevel cuts as the position of the blade enters the material on the same sight line when using a guide rail
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges indicate battery charge levels
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers communicate with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and chargers sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers have a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Optional Accessories: 118" Guide Rail (194367-7), 55" Guide Rail (194368-5), Clamp Set (194385-5), Rip Fence (165447-6), 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V)
- Brushless Cordless 2.1 Gallon HEPA Filter Dry Dust Extractor/Vacuum, with AWS, Tool Only (XCV08Z)
- Saw works with some other competitive guide rails on the market
- Blade Diameter: 6-1/2"
- Arbor: 20 mm
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°): 2-3/16"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°): 1-9/16"
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 2,500 - 6,300 RPM
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 13-5/8"
- Net Weight (with battery): 11.2 lbs.
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): Yes (Transmitter Included)
- Power Type: Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT): X2
- Motor Type: Brushless
- (1) 6-1/2" 56T C.T. Cordless Plunge Saw Blade, Wood, MDF, Laminate (B-57342)
- (1) Auto-start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783203-8)